At Electronic Arts we put our players first, and we’re looking for the most talented and creative game developers in the world to help us become the world’s #1 mobile gaming company. Mobile is the future of our industry and our mobile team is growing fast, with 17 exciting studios around the world and a portfolio of blockbuster titles such as SimCity BuildIt, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, and the Sims.
Creativity, Collaboration, and Communication are what make us tick as we prepare ourselves for massive amounts of growth and an incredible amount of fun. We want to engage our players and create the most entertaining mobile titles in the world. Come and see for yourself, the future is here.
We’re seeking a Technical Director to join our small team of talented folks located in Redwood Shores. With this new, large-scale mobile game, we’re pushing the boundaries on every front so you’ll get a chance to stretch beyond your comfort zone and have the ability to learn while you contribute. Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set and enforce professional software standards across the entire engineering team, including partner teams within and outside the organization.
- Blends hands-on technical work with technical leadership to support launching and maintaining a world class experience on mobile.
- Make (or delegate making) software design and implementation decisions.
- Identify and manage technical risks and opportunities.
- Co-operate with other team leaders to manage change.
- Responsible for the quality of technical deliveries.
- Approves (or delegate approval) of all technical designs and effort / time estimates.
- Works though technical leads to provide solutions to project-wide problems.
- Defines performance budgets for an entire project; enforces the application of performance budget and best practices.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other Technical Directors at EA to identify opportunities and risks, to share best practices and effective processes.
- Drives a “zero-defect” culture.
- Uses metrics and analytics to anticipate future technology issues affecting the health or quality of the team and product.
- Coach and mentor software engineers on the team.
- Recruits and retains world-class talent to the team and company.
Experience and Requirements
- Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree preferred.
- More than five years working in games, ten years working on software development.
- Lead engineers teams of a dozen or more.
- Effective conflict management skills.
- Launched successful mobile apps.
- Balanced technical, team, product, project and business requirements for successful outcomes.
- Capability to make positive changes to teams, products and businesses.
Send your resume to email@example.com